Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
International Android Code Sprint @ Chicago
Saturday, April 24, 2010 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (CDT)
We have 8 cities around the world participating in the same event! See details below.
Please note: the event will be held in
200 S. Wacker Drive. on 15th floor
- 9:00 AM Welcome notes and breakfast
- 9:30 AM teaming up and developing awesome Android apps
- 9:30 AM - 11:30AM Android workshop for beginners barcode scanner and SMS sending/receiving
- 2:30PM-3:30PM Pek: Titanium Appcelerator dev for iPhone, iPad, Android and Blackberry (soon)
Communicate through Google Group android-code-sprints (http://groups.google.com/group/android-code-sprints) and through GTalk in room email@example.com (see description for GTalk multi user chat setup)
2. Project propsals
3. Participating communities
To accelerate the growth and acceptance of the Android OS through the creation and promotion of development events and to foster a respectful community environment that allows its members to openly and freely share their knowledge and ideas about Android, the next 24th of April various Android groups will come together to host the first International Android Code Sprint.
To facilitate a structure that can accommodate people with various levels and interest, we are proposing a set of levels that should help to guide people in the process of choosing a project, and the team to set up the projects based on their complexity.
Here is the scale:
Level 0: I need help installing the SDK.
Level 1: I have the SDK running and I've looked the Tutorials and API examples
Level 3: I have one or more Apps in the market
Level 4: I have a good knowledge of Android and deep knowledge in some aspects (Web Integration, OpenGL, NDK, etc.)
Level 5: I have a superb knowledge of Android.
Level E: I am a Entrep., designer, or belong to a related field and have an interest in mobile development
Based on this we could setup projects and groups with like this:
Group 1, people from Level 0 to 3. This project(s) would have practical implementations of: basic layouts, events, widgets, intents, array adapters, and one maybe a permanent storage, sensors or maps.
Group 2, people from Level 3 to 5. This project(s) would encompass: Group 1 topics + advance events, widgets, services, media capture, LBS...
Group 3, people from Level 4 and 5. This project(s) would go beyond the topics of the other groups, and might also be work in some platform level changes or Dalvik level projects.
Any code generated will be available publicly and will have an Apache License to maximized the later benefit of all the participants - and beyond, - unless in the license is in conflict with some pre-existent license.
Each city can work on the projects they like. However, here are suggestions for projects:
2. Project proposals:
- Porra: Office Betting pool.
- TMB times: When is your next city bus coming
- OpenBicing: This is a bicing app that implements some fairly intelligent caching layer (at the server level). We've been talking about implementing some new features. And the author also would like to work ways of getting the app running in other bicing services across EU.
- Geocashing + forusquare + hidden treasure combo game.
- organize meetups application
- Working on issues at code.google.com/p/android might be also a nice idea!
1) Bangalore (Akshay Dakrath)
April 24, 10:00AM
topic: Learn and Network among Android Fans
2) Barcelona (and.roid.es, Luis Moreno, Roberto Serrano)
April 24, 10:30AM - 6:30PM (EU time)
other activities: entrepreneurial exercise for anyone interested on the potential of creating a business around mobile.
3) Berlin (android-in-berlin, Olaf Geibig, Mr Schtief, T)
location: Beuth-Hochschule für Technik
topics: Mobile Augmented Reality, mixare, Game AR engine
topics: Teleporther, dialstation, android berlin website
4) Brussels (Friedger Müffke)
April 25th: 10am-6pm (CEST)
5) Chicago (Uki Dominque Lucas)
April 24th : 9:00 am - 5pm (CT)
Location: TechNexus 200 S. Walker Dr. Chicago, IL 60606
6) Margarita Island - Venezuela (Kronox)
April 23th - 24th 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Location: Android Hacklab Margarita Island
7) Munich (Simon Tennant)
April 21th - Sunday 25th
Location: BuddyCloud Towers
topics: BuddyCloud Android Client
8) Seoul (Robert McManus)
April 25, 6PM
(General Android meetup)
When & Where
mobile platform think-tank and development team organized by Uki D. Lucas
Group of entrepreneurs and developers specializing in creating Android (as well as tablet, iPhone, Blackberry) applications.